| The Wasp Menace|
|Reward|| 500 Gold|
|Trophies||Wasp Queen's Head|
Quest Summary Edit
End the Picnic Area wasp infestation.
1. Take the quest card at the Heroes' Guild and proceed to the Picnic Area.
2. Kill the offending Wasps.
3. Slay the Wasp Queen.
Fresh out of the Heroes' Guild, you have your first quest: destroy the Wasps infesting the Picnic Area and save the villagers (and their picnic!) But beware; more may lie in wait than just a few insects...
This is the fourth main quest of Fable. You start with any of your items you acquired earlier.
Don't Forget Your Picnic BasketEdit
Grab the quest card from the Heroes' Guild and exit the Guild to Lookout Point. A frightened man will run up to you and tell you that Wasps are attacking the Picnic Area. Follow him past the Statue of Lookout Point and to the gate, where he will stop and beg you to save his friends. Pass through the gate and a scene of chaos appears; villagers take cover as Wasps swarm the area, one being chased around a large sundial at the clearing's center. Once the short cutscene ends, take out the multitude of Wasps. Once saved, the villagers flee through the gate.
The Wasp QueenEdit
As you stride away from the insect corpses, a massive insect appears and spins in a circle, spawning another trio of annoying insects. This giant beast is the Wasp Queen, and she's the first boss in the game. Take out the newly spawned Wasps, then draw your bow and fire on the Wasp Queen or use your sword. If you use Lightning, the Queen will often be able to spawn more Wasps to distract you before you can kill her.
As you sever the Wasp Queen's head as a gruesome trophy, a trio of admirers arrive and gawk at the massive insect carcass.
- The items scattered around the area are free for the taking. Search the tables thoroughly; all the items disappear the next time you enter the Picnic Area.
- The large sundial at the center commemorates Jack of Blades' victory at the Battle of the Bloody Harvest.
- The player is free to not immediately take this quest, and can wander Albion beforehand.