This is the general discussion page for the wiki, used for discussion about administrative changes to the wiki and the wiki's features, operations and design. For general discussion, please visit the.
Moving to Message Wall Edit
We have been considering activating the Message Wall feature, which would replace User talk pages. The Message Wall format is similar to the style of the late Forums, and should make it easier for contributors to discuss things with each other. User talk pages would get archived and would be editable by admins only. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks, Enodoc(Talk) (User Space) 10:51, February 18, 2014 (UTC)
- So... based on the replies I got from people regarding this about 6 months ago (whoops), everybody who replied was positive towards it, so unless we hear different from anyone, I'd like to make this change soon. --Enodoc(Talk) (User Space) 14:41, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Final thought - Somewhere?? I expressed my opinion that the message wall system made pages look sloppy having the conversations all piling up on the bottom of a page. But majority rules. I'm not gonna sweat it.=Garry Damrau(talk) 19:49, September 25, 2014 (UTC) P.S. If I can find where I put that, I will add a link.
- Found it. It was over on my Talk page on Fable Fanon. http://fablefanon.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Garry_Damrau#Article_Comments_and_Message_Wall -Garry Damrau(talk) 20:03, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
- [Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I'm on holiday and don't have very good internet]
- Thanks for the link; I knew you'd said more but I couldn't find that section either! What I'm proposing here is only Message Wall (for user talk); I also hate how Article Comments pile up in a mess at the bottom of a content page, so that's not part of the proposal here. In theory, Message Wall should improve communication between editors by making it easier for new contributors to talk to specific people, while not affecting how we discuss the articles themselves. --Enodoc(Talk) (User Space) 20:27, October 1, 2014 (UTC)