Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| The Blind Date|
|Preceding|| The Spire|
Cold Comfort Farmer
|Start||Brightwood - Giles's Farm|
|End||Brightwood - Giles's Farm|
|Reward|| 3500 Renown|
Brightwood Farm For Sale
It is a quest where you must find Farmer Giles' son Rupert someone for him to date; he will hand you a picture of Rupert (taken by Barnum). At the beginning of the quest you must talk to Rupert, he will hint to you that he is interested in dating, but not in women. You then go to Bowerstone Market to find him a man (or woman) to date. Give the picture of Rupert to the man/woman, he/she will then give you a letter to take to Rupert. After a cutscene where Rupert admits to his father both his homosexuality and his hate for farming, both Giles and Rupert will move to the city and Giles's Farm will be available for purchase.
- Moral Outcomes
- 10 Good for setting Rupert up with a suitable male (homosexual or bisexual).
- 10 Evil for setting Rupert up with a suitable female (heterosexual or bisexual).
Logbook Information Edit
Farmer Giles wants his son to get married. Can you find him a suitable partner?
Now that Rupert has finally told his father the truth, they can move away to start a new life. The farm has been put up for sale.
- Though you can finish the quest by showing the picture to a woman, Rupert will still tell his father his secret.
- Ironically, it is possible for Giles to be generated as a homosexual himself, though this is probably not intentional.
- It is possible to show Rupert's picture to your spouse and they will still accept the date.
- Purchasing the farmhouse will give you the Portcullis Key that can be used in the Farm Cellar, the entrance to which is in the barn, which will allow you to dig up the legendary blunderbuss The Enforcer.
- If you do the Red Harvest quest you can still get The Enforcer; the Farm Cellar entrance will be behind the farmhouse, and you can get the Portcullis Key from Giles' grave.
- It is possible to give the picture to a shopkeeper if they fit the profile, but the game may crash when returning to Brightwood in this case.