|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|This article is about the temple. For the quest associated with this place, see Temple of Light (Quest).|
| Temple of Avo|
|Area of Witchwood|
|Related Quests|| Temple of Light|
The Sword in the Stone
|Exits|| Witchwood Stones|
"The Temple of Light is here. Generosity will be rewarded." - Disembodied voice upon entering the temple.
The Temple is a small yet useful building, dedicated in alignment to the light side and representing all that is good and pure in Albion. It can be found near Knothole Glade. Inside the Temple, there is a circular font that accepts gold donations. If you donate a large amount of gold, the two acolyte priests in the Temple will gift you with rewards. Evil characters gain more good points than good characters who donate the same amount. The opposite counterpart to the Temple of Avo is the Chapel of Skorm, where you sacrifice people to gain evil points and other disreputable rewards.
- Character alignment good points, which may change your appearance
- The Title of "Paladin"
- Gift of Youth - Avo will reduce your age by 4-10 years (Note: Can only be achieved once, unless the Hero Save Exploit is used during either the Find the Archaeologist or The Ransom Victim quests.)
- The Sentinus, a legendary Greatmace
The amount of alignment good points depends also on how much you donate, for instance:
- Giving 100 gold will give 15 points to a good character.
- Giving 1000 gold will give 100+ points to a good character.
- Giving 3000 gold will give 170+ points to a good character.
- Giving 50,000+ gold will take 4-10 years off your age
Many pray. Not all are answered.
Fable II Edit
- The Temple of Avo's early name was Temple of Light.
- Oddly enough, the acolytes there wear black robes instead of white.
- The Snowspire Oracle in The Lost Chapters and Anniversary claims that Avo does not exist, and that Avo's Temple was simply built in a place where Will power was strong, tending towards good and healing those who stood there. The Oracle cynically states that the ruthless Trader who discovered this location sensed an opportunity; he invented Avo and constructed his Temple there, specifically to extract gold from those who felt the god's "power". Likewise, this same Trader allegedly built the Chapel of Skorm within the evil nexus of Darkwood for a similar profiteering motive.
See Also Edit
- ↑ Albion Map