Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I've edited the article to say that he is alive if you become evil, since you put on the mask and then the soul of Jack consumes your body and you become Jack. Is this right or did I misunderstand something? • Hammerise
Connonly, Jack is 'dead,' if you choose to save your family in Fable 2, Rose sends a letter that describes her meeting Jack.--Kre 'Nunumee 00:00, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
You mean her meeting Scyth--The king of the guild 14:07, 28 November 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
Would you describe sythe as wearing a hood, really skinny, and scary, scary yes, but sythe was old, and does not wear a hood. She met Jack, also, think about this: Jack takes over the great hero, who would be wealding the Avo sword or what ever its name is because Theressa is still alive, and he what, just disapears, lets the nutso Lucien almost destroy the world along with Jack? Jack is dead, though I wish like hell that they had brought him back, or at least made the Lucien fight more then shooting him ONCE in the head. Also, it says that Jack was killed in the Fable 2 loading diolougs, and I doubt Jack would have gotten the most powerful being in the world under his control, then vanish. Plus, the description of serenity farm says that the hero spent his last days there.--Kre 'Nunumee 22:53, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
He could have brought a hood,and in his concept art,he's wearing a hood.As for the hero,it is not known if he's dead,the house behind the oakfield demon door said:"it is said."It did'ent say it was confirmed.Anyway....is'ent the guy from fableI supposed to be us or are charater?In fableI I got all ablitys and remained the age 18 via means of donating to Avo dueing the archoligist quest,now im going say my charater kept doing that,he's still alive and donateing to the shadow court or the shadow temple.--The king of the guild 23:04, 30 November 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
- Please, the Hero isn't you. Lionhead Studios are the only ones who could say what the Hero did. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 00:38, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
They do say:"choose YOUR destiny."--The king of the guild 01:06, 1 December 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
- Yes, but you do your thing, I do my thing, and anything else does their own thing. I'm just saying that none of us can claim what the Hero is like; only Lionhead can decide that. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 02:20, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
They can do what they like,yes,but they do want to make you feel like your in control and it's your hero.The manuals do say it's your hero and how your able to choose your destiny.--The king of the guild 12:58, 1 December 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
- Yes, but what you do in Fable doesn't accept what happens in Fable II since the developers (and not the players) decided what really happened. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 18:18, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
Well the books say diffrent,there are many diffrent storys of what happened in the events of Fable but we can decide.Did Jack really die by the sword?Really it does'ent matter what we think he was killed by,seeing as it'll have no effect on fable 3 anyway.--The king of the guild 20:42, 1 December 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
Fable 3? When did anyone say anything about Fable 3? Also, does anyone else notice that the entire talk page is dedicated to this single argument? Regardless, neither of you have explained why, if Jack remained in the world he would disappear, Jack is dead, and any argument about what the hero did or didn't if fairly irrelevant. Still, where would the hero go? Actually, he may have gone north to the frozen village or something like that after or before the massacre.The main point again is Jack is dead, either Rose met scythe, Jack, or the even hero doesn't really matter.--Kre 'Nunumee 00:23, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
what ever happend to the queen of blades and the knite of blades ive never played TLC
Well I like saying the hero is your charater because everywhere you look on the cover and booklet,it says all the time:your hero,your choices,your destiny.Anyway to answer your question,Jack is dead,the queen is dead and the knight of blades is dead,they were not included in fable TLC,they where in tales of albion only,although I think thereasa is useing the spire somehow to bring them all back.--The king of the guild 12:53, 2 December 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
That is a theory I would love. Though she's more likely to be doing something 'good' for either 'good' or selfish reasons, such as bringing her brother back, or perhaps is protecting it from others like Lucien.--Kre 'Nunumee 00:26, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
I don't think she's bringing her brother back because he could already be alive,because of his bloodline,thats why she's alive as well,she must be doing something evil.--The king of the guild 20:50, 13 December 2008 (UTC)The king of the guild
As I said, she is probably doing that, not definitely. It was souly an example, she could be bringing Jack back, or making cookies for I or any one outside of LionHead knows.--Kre 'Nunumee 20:23, 19 December 2008 (UTC)
This goes back to i think the third or fourth paragraph, lets say, since the hero is us, that I killed Tharesa, became the greatest evil in Albion, and wore Jack's mask. Your statement must mean that the hero is somewere, wearing, but not wearing Jack's mask, Tharesa is dead but alive, and he has both the Sword of Eons, and Avo's Tear, or whatever its name is. And yes, this is in rant form. And imagine who ever next reads this, Tharesa making cookies using the little podium Lucien was on.--Kre 'Nunumee 23:28, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
To state it quite clearly whether the Hero is yours, mine, theirs or everyones makes no difference whatsoever. In Fable TLC Jack of Blades was killed by the Hero whether you put the Mask on or not Jack is dead and the game ends it makes no further mention of Jack to my reccolection. Fable II starts hundreds of years later and what happened in Fable TLC doesn't matter because what you or I chose doesn't exist to this game because its a different game even if it is somewhat of a continuation. There's no need to argue over something this pointless.--184.108.40.206 07:49, 21 May 2009 (UTC)MysticItachi
I agree with everthing except one part; if you put the mask on, you die and Jack lives on in your body. He only dies if you throw the mask into the lava. Also, if Jack has survived William, eons, what ever else has tried to kill him, and the hero once, why would the destruction of his mask kill him?--Kre 'Nunumee 00:37, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
It is possible that LionHead studios chose the good storyline from Fable in order to make it so the world of Albion still existed allowing for Fable II. Imagine what would ahve happened if Jack still lived and had the Sword of Aeons. Albion would ahve been destroyed and there would eb no new Hero. Lionhead wanted to make the story of Fable II possible so made the good events happen E.g Theresa living, Jack dying, the Sword being destroyed. --Alpha Lycos 23:24, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
This ends now: If Jack was alive, Albion would be destroyed, and even if all the left over heroes sacrificed themselves or something to stop him that means there never could have been a revolt against them because THEY WOULD BE DEAD. So in other words, this whole argument is null because someone decided to ignore canon. P.S Destroying his mask would kill him, if you destroy someone/something's soul, you are completely and irrevocably killing them, no coming back, no spirit world, no existing AT ALL, zip, notta, zero, NONE. Period.Papayaking 03:44, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Also, the Fable 2 hero's sister met scythe, as she said she thought he was a king, knew their family, and felt safe with him, kind of obvious really.Papayaking 03:44, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Um Papayaking your just saying what I said >.> If you read my post above yours is states that Lionhead CHOSE the good story ending to allow for the Fable world to continue. This is what would have created the Canon. --Alpha Lycos 03:50, November 6, 2009 (UTC) I know, I noticed that right after I posted, but I was ending it in case anyone else felt the need to contradict canon -_-Papayaking 03:52, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Also, you respond quick o_OPapayaking 03:52, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Haha yea I got the email alerting me to the change then just came right over and posted. >.> I'm a wikia stalker XP. But anyway ^_^ glad to see someone understands how I was meaning XP --Alpha Lycos 03:55, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, same here, lol.Papayaking 03:56, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Hi, uh i don't mean to go aginst the cannon (Hero throwing away the mask) but does the mask's destruction mean Jack's death Without question? I mean he already cheated death once and so there is if only a chance that what he has instead of a soul have escaped his mask. Besides the mask wasn't him simply a vessel to his being, which means he might be still out there somewhere perhaps in the void unable to act to his will or use his powers. Also don't forget the Spire! (no I don't think Theressa would wish to do anything evil with it)Aas they already stated Theressa used it to see all possible futures. However they didn't directly say that this was her only intention perhaps she also wanted to defend it from as stated above people who would use it to evil. I mean if you have no moral compass, sieging the spire and wishing for the Court to return may see a good idea since as evil the Blades were it is probable that they would be kind to their saviors for the few years they spend in this world.
This is just a tought though. Ictiv 23:45, July 18, 2010 (UTC)
Why have some people said that Theresa might wish to bring back Jack and the court? who are the Archon's SWORN ENEMY! who killed theresa's mother and father and blinded her! who's main ambition is to kill the Archons and their bloodline so they can destroy the world, WHY WOULD SHE POSSIBLY WANT THEM BACK!!!??? Agow95 16:16, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
How does the book the grumpy rabbit have any significance to jack of blades, or his supposed revival in a future game as this page had said? p.s. I removed it already 220.127.116.11 23:08, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
It mentions the rabbit finding a gigantic skeleton, possibly the bones left from Jack's dragon form. It also has the Rabbit finding an egg, possibly an egg holding the power to reincarnate Jack. Or it could just be a book about the Easter bunny. --Alpha Lycos 23:14, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
Seems like theyre reaching to me18.104.22.168 23:40, October 23, 2009 (UTC)
No one said it was a definite thing. Its just a theory that it could mean that. As I said: It could be a book about the Easter bunny. Though if it was about Jack then it would be interesting.--Alpha Lycos 02:05, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Dudes, please try to learn what an Easter egg is. Game designers have senses of humor too. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 04:11, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
I know what an Easter Egg is in game terms. As was stated above: It could be about the Easter bunny which would be an Easter Egg about an Easter Story. Or as some people believe it could be an Easter Egg about Jack or Alice in Wonderland. Just depends on how you take it. --Alpha Lycos 09:19, October 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Personally, I think that it's a story about Domo-kun. Domo-kun came from an egg, and he lives with an old rabbit named Usajii. Just kidding. My point is that it could be a reference to basically anything. --Michaeldsuarez (Talk) (Deeds) 15:40, October 31, 2009 (UTC)
The easter egg page says something about following the directions in the book exactly, and if you get the egg, you can go into the rabbit hole or whatever, is this true, or some random thing someone put? If it is true, where exactly is the egg?Papayaking 03:44, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
The egg is located on the skeleton near where you fought the Poison Balverine. You have to walk through the arches in a certain order to get it. --Alpha Lycos 03:48, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Ok, thanks.Papayaking 03:52, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Check out Gamefaqs.com for a guide that should help. It helped me get the egg --Alpha Lycos 03:55, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Just for the record, the "giant creature" is a human. From a rabbit's perspective, we are giants. It's really not that complicated. Source: In game, when you find the skeleton, it's human. Big surprise. 22.214.171.124 23:33, June 20, 2010 (UTC)
Spell correctly please! Edit
Ok, just as a notice since I realized this while reading this page, I would like for everyone to spell check once in awhile! I mean, errors are Ok, but so many I can't tell what you're saying IS NOT, especially considering all you have to do is right click and solve everything...sometimes. In other words: It won't kill you to give a effort at spellingPapayaking 03:56, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
Jack Is Back... Maybe Edit
at teh end of fable 2 if you take the "love" wish, you get the message from rose talking about a thin man with a hood. I know scythe is widly accepted as the refrence, but scyth doesn't where a hood. I think it might be Jack, and it might a cliffhanger for fable 3. she mentions "he looks like a king or something" and Jack with his impressive figure(dispite his size) and armor, can convey that image. Jack of blades is manipulative, and in the first story, after the areana, tries to come off as inocent; so maybe rose fell into the same trap. so My question is : is Jack of Blades Back?"Laghing rabt 06:07, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Speculation. Please leave this in a forum, not here. ☆The Solar Dragon (Talk)☆ 07:05, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
well scythe being the refence is also speculation but it was added into the article, but then again it was speculatied be a good chunk of the population, maybe my idea will catch on. besides what the hell is talk about if you cant bring your thouthts to the subject, both on what needs to be in the article and what might be soon. besides Im sure thare has been specualtion before on the talk page.Laghing rabt 15:04, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, it is the rules. I have seen wikis that have removed comments on speculation from talk pages. I am just telling you, no more speculation. and, the stuff about Scythe should be removed too I think. Anyway, please do not leave any more speculation. I have warned you. I do not want to block anyone for this. ☆The Solar Dragon (Talk)☆ 15:16, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- According to the Speculation Policy: ...since imagination, creativity, and discussions are encouraged on this wiki, speculation may be discussed on talk pages and on forums. This suggests that, even though it's not allowed on articles, it is allowed on talk pages as well as in the forums. --Enodoc 16:21, January 10, 2010 (UTC)
- It has been revealed that it was Scythe that is with Tose if you pick love at then end of Fable II --AwesomeGordo 12:25, July 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Jack is DEAD!!! The canon is that the hero of Oakvale was good, and that means he would have thrown Jack's mask, which contained his soul (Jack's soul reside's in his mask, not the body he is possesing, that is how he has survived being killed like a million times) into BOILING HOT LAVA! so his souls container would have been destroyed, along with the soul. Agow95 11:22, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
- It could be the hero of oakvale. in the letter, Rose says, "...Like a King..." and the hero oakvale is a deccendent of the archons. it sounds a little off but if you think about it it makes since, hes wearing a disgise to hide his identity126.96.36.199 23:40, September 20, 2010 (UTC)Daniel the Fable Knig
- The Hero of Oakvale is dead. In the description for The Homestead it says that the Hero of Oakvale spent his last years there. The man in the letter is Scythe no one else.Alpha Lycos 00:16, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- This has kinda gone off Jack, who was with Rose at the end of the game should've ended when 'it was Scythe' was first said, it you want to carry it on I advise a different talk page or a forum. Agow95 15:39, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Second Most Powerful Edit
I read on Jack of Blades's page that he is the second most powerful member of the Court. This is never mentioned anywhere, and just because the Queen took longer to battle does not mean she was greater. I personally think Jack was the most powerful. Look at him, he's manipulative and sly, so who's to say that he didn't just plan his death? Also he owned the most powerful weapon in existence, the object capable of defeating himself, the Knight, AND the Queen. These are of course my own opinions, but I think that until there is real evidence of the Queen being greater than Jack, that the statement should be deleted. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lord Lucien Fairfax (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- OK. Will change that then. ☆The Solar Dragon (Talk)☆
- Jack is smarter, ill give you that, but he was deffinetly stronger than the knight and probably weaker than the queen, otherwise he wouldnt have had his body broken and his soul trapped in a mask. he'd probably do something akin to bionicle's makuta when he first fought the toa mata, he fought them and seemed to be defeated easily but didnt actually use his full power or manifest in a form that would allow him to be truely damaged, thus he gave them a false sense of security by hiding his full power but, unlike jack, didn't actually take any real damage. if he were more powerful than the queen, he wouldnt have been 'broken' so quickly but simply seemed to be so and reatreated, then returned when either william disapeared or when the old kingdom fell (when humanity was at its weakest) at full demonic power rather than 'die' and rely on such a weak thing as a human body. but saying the queen was stronger or jack was stronger would more or less (based on the given informaion) like comparing a worrior and an assassin, they'll each win given their own element (fair combat and suprise respectively) so effectivly what im saying is that the queen was probably physically stronger but jack had thought of what would happen if an uber powerful human had taken control of his sword (the mask), or if his siblings had turned on him (sword of eons) while the queen was more or less secure in her power and possition. or she might have seen william fight her brothers and thus knew atleast some of his tricks thus able to hold him off for longer.Kre 'Nunumee 02:05, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
I don't think Jack was that strong, alot his true power was in the Sword of Aeons, plus he was a "Jack" in a deck of cards, a jack is worth less than a king or a queen, which says the queen was stronger, but the main reason for me thinking jack wasn't very strong is that he's killed ALOT, William Black beat him in the void, then destroyed his original body, then th hero of Oakvale beat him even though jack had the sword (granted that he hadn't unlocked the sword's full power by killing two people of the Archon bloodline), and then he killed him even when he was A F**KING DRAGON!!!, HE HAD CLAWS AND FIRE, HE COULD HAVE PICKED THE HERO UP AND DUNKED HIM IN LAVA!!! Agow95 11:30, July 31, 2010 (UTC)
It's possible. If Jack was more powerful his physical form wouldn't likely have been 'broken' as easily. However, backing Jack up, it is possible that he planned his death, knowing that he would be able to return in the future and wreak greater havoc. Or, it may be that he was the only one out of the trio who was sufficiantly powerful enough to transfer his soul back to his mask, whereas the Knight and Queen obviously failed to do so. If I remember correctly, William stole Jack's sword from him in the Void, but didn't actually fight him there. Maybe I am mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's how it happened. Also, it depends on the game. In some games, the Jack surpasses the rest of the Court. Lord Lucien Fairfax 11:25, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
Jack of Clubs!?!?!??! Edit
look people, I know in a dev diary it shows the name jack of clubs but it is more than likely that it is just the name of one of the special deck of cards lionhead is working on for the limited edition of fable 3. Just look at the picture under this tite, it shows a picture of a minion reversed under itslef like the style of a playing card. Please stop adding to trivia that jack of clubs has to do with jack of blades.... it doesnt! Just use common sense people...... Aleksandr the Great 20:33, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- Quite. See Also: Talk:Jack of clubs. And I've removed your double post. --Enodoc(Talk) (User Space) 21:43, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
whats all this "presumed dead in canon" about? as far as i know there is no set canon, we were giving these choices to make the game's storyline ours! i really hate it when people say "oh thats canon, oh the good way is always right" what a load of crap. the good ending is not canon neither is the evil ending, because the choices were given to us to make the story ours as we see fit. i play as evil characters, so in my "personal canon that i don't force on anyone else or the game's story" i became jack of blades. but thats my choice just as much as a good ending is someone else's choice they are both not canon.
unless peter from lionhead says so, then it is not canon or at least both endings can be condsidered canon.
and the paintings and theresa doesn't count at all, since no save games can be transfered between an xbox to a xbox360 (that i know of) its only natural they had to use some paintings for it. and theresa could be explained easily..hell she could be undead for all we know, scythe is a necromancer so he could have brought her back and so on, there is so many theories and explanations i ain't going to bother saying it. but don't make assumption of what is bloody canon!!! i will say this once again! like mass effect, the storyline,choices and outcomes is up to the players. so there is no canon! thats what lionhead's intentions were, to give us a world with choice and consequence and thats its all entirely up to each and everyone of us!!
damn what a rant. 188.8.131.52 13:53, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Hey calm the f*ck down, firstly, there evidently is canon, since Albion wasn't destroyed by the reincarnated jack of blades possessing the hero of oakvale, and there are no in-game references stating that the hero was evil in any way, so therefore he was good, your arguments are stupid, obviously theresa and the paintings count, what you are saying would only make sense if you could load xbox data into the 360, which as you stated is impossible to do, your argument makes no sense, you are just getting angry because of something you can't affect, even by ranting about it online, plus lionhead have said it's canon, through the non-existance of anything saying it isn't. Agow95 15:24, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
wrong! i don't care about effecting anything! but albion still existing is not evidence that the good ending was true, sure jack mightt have tried and failed or was powerful enough to simply rule it etc there is plenty of explanations which i can't be bothered to go over atm. your arguments are weak as well, there is no canonicty! if lionhead says so then fair enough, i won't be happy due to the fixed nature but it will do, i will not take fans or wiki users word for it. p.s i am calm, you're the one who needs to calm down and there is few but not very good references that hero was evil, the killing of guildmaster and weilding of the sword of aeons, the sequel puts conflicting info on purpose.
so post here what lionhead has said and prove it. and if it has been posted above i have not seen it since i did not read it fully.
so post what the dudes at lionhead as said. 184.108.40.206 17:18, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- The closest I can give you right now is a quote from the (now defunct) Tales of Albion, which says This is where the Jack-slayer vanquished Jack in his final form.
- Slayer, n. (plural slayers) a killer; a murderer; a destroyer of life.
- Since Tales was created by Lionhead, it is from here we took the canonical view that Jack was dead. --Enodoc(Talk) (User Space) 19:36, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- its not just the assumption jack's dead thats bothering me its the whole everyone thinks the good ending is canon, to me neither ending is canon as we are givien choices for a reason. if the ending is fixed why give us choices?
- anyway what else does it say in the tales of albion after the defeat of jack?
- the fact tales of albion is defunct and not truly a part of the game, more like a tale based on it makes that source a little unreliable. so does the tale's ending say about the choice?
- i know what a slayer is but simply killing the final form doesn't mean the choice after is fixed one way. he could either cast the mask into the magma or wear it. unless the chosen path is in the tale. either way its still not canon to me (and shouldn't be to you lot) until peter molyneux or someone from lionhead who isn't making spin offs or tales based on the game says so.
- sorry to be a pain but i just think a game with choices like this shouldn't have a fixed ending because it renders having the ability to choose, worthless and pointless. so to me neither ending is canon but entirely up to the player. 220.127.116.11 23:42, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Um, yeah, what the hell am I doing here? Oh yeah, I agree, the ending is completely up to you. It doesn't directly say the hero permanently got rid of Jack, and yes, the hero did kill him, but he killed his final form, not Jack himself. So I'm saying that Jack can be dead or alive, it's all up to you. '00:48, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
The game gives the player the choice based on how the player wants to play. The story, with the canon, is decided by the creators of the game. I think the reason things happened as they did is that Lionhead studios was going to do with Fable and Fable II what they are doing with Fable II and Fable II, linking the worlds by player saves. But with the bringing out of Xbox 360 it changed things and they decided to do this way. Another thing is that Jack wanted to rule and destory Albion so if he was still alive he would have completely ruined it and there would be no need for a sequeal. I've played many games where the ending of the game is optional due to the players decisions but they have sequeals that follow fixed choices. Canon is decided by the creators of the game to allow them to make more. Or would you rather there not be Fable II and III and any future games(confirmed to at least IV from word on the net)? Just realize that we, the players, make the in game choices but Lionhead makes the storyline choices and canon choices.Alpha Lycos 01:22, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
here we go again with the "jack would destroy the world" excuse, who says he didn't? in the evil ending he could have gone on a rampage and did a lot of damage or maybe due to possessing the hero of oakvale he is powerful enough to simply rule the world for a time being( the courts original desire was to rule not destroy),maybe he orcherstrated the fall of heroes, maybe he was tired of albion and went to the other countries or maybe he went back to the void. who knows? the excuse that jack would destroy the world is getting very tiresome. the endings and path is up us.
anyway, yes i would rather have one fable game with choices and story being ours than sequels where endings are fixed and our choices then being worthless and pointless. until i hear or read about lionhead saying whats canon and not (and if they are decent people they would say there is no canon and its up us) its true they write the core storyline but the paths and endings are up to us and should never be fixed. 18.104.22.168 10:53, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
But then going by your words Fable II should never have happened if you picked evil. Theresa would have been dead, Jack would have controled the people and the stories would have been about him being a tyrant, Progress wouldn't have happened from fear Jack would be mad. Lionhead has stated whats canon by making the sequeals. Just because its not on the internet doesn't mean it hasn't happened. The games are canon because Lionhead made it so. And here is another "excuse" which should get you thinking: If Jack lived why would the people have stories about Jack being defeated and slain by the Hero of Oakvale? Because he was killed. Just cause you got your panties in a twist about Lionhead making the storyline canon choices doesn't mean you should go ranting about how we can't say whats canon when clearly it is canon. If it wasn't then Lionhead wouldn't have made Fable II and IIIAlpha Lycos 11:33, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
firstly for all you know theresa could be undead or whatever and secondly, people telling stories about jack being beaten has no weight because A) either ending comes after Killing jack(his physical body is killed) and B) maybe no one knew the hero was possesed since the hero (through the evil path) was already evil, 500 years (600 according to theresa) has passed between the game so anything could have happened. jack may have only ruled for awhile before disappearing. (if evil path taken of course) and making a sequel does not make a ending automatically canon you numpty, only a few paintings which seem to only have hero of oakvale and strangely not everyone else and a 500 year theresa who looks somewhat young compared to a 65 year old hero of oakvale who actually looks his age. then there is reference about killing the guild master etc the info is conflicted on purpose because neither endings are canon and at the same time are canon(to each player personally) fable 2 could have still happened no matter what because of the 500 year gap where ANYTHING could have happened. i'm not taking the word of a fan or wiki user,i expect the same from others as well. to me the choices are yours until lionhead or better yet peter molyneux say something about it. the reason why there is hardly much info is because they don't want to back up either ending and just leave it to each persons preference. you lot (or just most of you) assume too much for your own good, i may be guilty of that too but i'm not assuming whats canon based on just a sequel with theresa in it and your words. 22.214.171.124 12:27, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
So your saying that is not possible for Jack's mask to be thrown in the lava and the guild master still to die from the Hero? And it never says who killed the guildmaster. It just says he was found with the words "Your health is low" carved into his forehead. For all you know it could be another hero. but in the world of a GAME that is classed as an easter egg. The studio chooses the canon and has made the good ending canon for that split. Granted its wrong of them to have done it but its done and still Fable is a good series. Jack wanted the Sword so he could rule the world. If the evil ending had been canon he would have ruled the world and still been around in Fable II so its clear he wasn't. I don't assume anything about the games. I go by common sense judging how the games storyline goes since Lionhead has overall say in it. Alpha Lycos 12:37, October 5, 2010 (UTC)
yes jack is immortal but assuming he would be around is pointless, like i said anything could have possibly happened in the 500 year span. and the sword was diluted so he wouldn't have had that much power. maybe they only did the painting thing for convenience. like i said before, they couldn't implement a save game transfer. anyway i'm not trying to cause arguments i'm simply saying we shouldn't assume too much based on little evidence like paintings,theresa. etc and its pointless to have choice when in the end they mean nothing because an ending has to be fixed. either way you see it, i'm still going wait until lionhead says something about it. well at least mass effect doesn't have that problem so far XD anyway to each his/her own right? byesie for now [[Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199|188.8.131.52
!!! In Fable 3 at the end of my game, at the end of the road to rule, there is a figure like Jack standing as one of my allies. I don't remember helping a Jack look alike out...?
From looking on mine the only person close to looking how your thinking is either one of the people from "The game" quest or from helping reinstate the Dark sanctum. And please sign your posts and make a section for new posts. Alpha Lycos 10:39, October 31, 2010 (UTC)
Wow, you know i think this has gone from being a arguement to a bunch of people saying their right as an fan of choose your destiney games like fable one thing every game like this has is a set canon because jack was jack he died he was completely eradicated for good and since theresa is alive that means there is a set canon and that is the light path which is that the hero of oakvale chose to throw away the sword and yes there are refrences to him deafeating jack with it which can be explained by story telling in every story that is retold many times through out time the story is always changed in little ways to make the story better so the sword of aeons could be from word of mouth people mistaking the lesser known avo's tear for the sword of aeons 184.108.40.206 01:23, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
I personally think that like in most RPGs there is no cannon, because the idea of cannon would restrict the player, as they would fear doing something wrong in cannon, and messing everything up for themselves. So I doubt cannon exists in Fable, apart from what you do, and thats your cannon. So Jack could be alive or dead, maybe he ha some relationship with your family before The Hero of Oakvale destroyed him, so even if you did kill him in the Final Battle, the Needs of Few choise may bring him back to take care of Rose, till you (which you won't) come pick her up. But thats my view. Warhead Prime 16:14, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
- RPG's have Canon if they have sequels. Take Elder Scrolls or Fallout, two of the biggest RPG series in the world. They have Canon. Also its been confirmed by Lionhead that the robed person is Scythe so that last part can't happen. Jack is dead. The player may choose the in-game events but Lionhead makes the overall storyline decisions. Otherwise there wouldn't be a Fable II or III.--Alpha Lycos 16:20, March 8, 2011
- fallout doesn't have canon (at least in terms of choices), you can do what you want and by the next game, the past is left ambiguous. but in fable, sadly everyone assumes that good endings are always canon. while the paintings and theresa in fable 2 point towards the player killing jack. sadly this kind of stuff ruins the gameplay as they make all choices worthless because of a fixed ending. lionhead ruined the franchise in my eyes by doing that, after all the fuss they made on choices and the effects of it, they gone and made the fricken choices themselves and fixed the ending. i personally always play as evil heroes and become jack of blades but i don't go around saying evil is canon. I always thought the choices of ending and the events of the game were our choice but by the sequel, it is strongly implied that the hero was good. while a core plot should be canon. the choices and the events and the effects of it should always be ours. this is why fallout and the elder scrolls along with bioware's dragon age and mass effect are superior in every possible way, they either leave the past game events ambiguous or use save file or choices. the fable series are dead to me now, i still play them out of loyalty to the first game and as a game they are enjoyable. they should remake 2 and 3 and make the events of the first game and its sequels up to the player. if they make a fable 4. they better find a way so the player can choose what happened in the past games. but sadly its doubtful. sorry for ranting but in my view lionhead ruined what could be a honest to devil good franchise with choices entirely up to the player but they decided to fix the ending. (i recently edited this to clear up my typos when i first did this.)220.127.116.11 11:01, June 14, 2011 (UTC)
The new picture is not concept art Edit
I've removed said image. As it is fan art it most certainly should not be described as "concept art", and probably should not be on a page that gives official information on the character. Balitant 05:33, November 5, 2010 (UTC)
Fred of BladesEdit
In Fable 3, there is a grave that says "Here lies the brother of Jack, Fred of Blades." or something close. Should this be mentioned in the article as a relative or just in trivia? Jackass2009 00:08, March 3, 2011 (UTC)
- It could be simply that "Fred of blades" told people he was the brother of Jack but in truth wasn't. From what I understand of the Court they had no siblings or even family, they were just creatures of the void who in the real world would be classed as demons.--Alpha Lycos 05:12, March 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. It remains in the trivia then. Thanks, Jackass2009 03:50, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
Jack in the final Fable Edit
An idea for the final Fable game. Jack will return from the dead, revealling the mask can't be destroyed by fire, and he possesses the body of the games so-far antagonist and attacks you for revenge as the original hero died thousands of years ago, you must use the Drangonstomper 48 you get from killing Reaver earlier in the game to shatter the mask, and set Jacks soul free and back to The Void. Then all is right, the main story ends, but then you recieve a letter from Jack which mysteriously appears on your bed's pillow at any random time. It reads 'This is not over, Hero. I will have my revenge, you no not what I am, for I will never permenatly leave. It ends here. -The Jack of Blades' Then one you leave the town, your son (or daughter, and if you have no children just some random kid) will tell you that the entire town is dead. You go back to find your wife, and you find villagers, guards and children all dead, with burning buildings. You go to your home and find your spouse's head on a spike with a note attached to it. It reads 'I told you it ends here.' Once you finish reading the note and go back to the game. Jack will appear and fight you. When you win, you cut off Jack's head, then it will begin talking to you. He tells you this is his true body, preserved for his final battle. You remove the mask and see his true face, and it is the most grizzly thing ever to come on a television screen. You later put the helmet in a dispay case, then you can write what it says (e.g. For display only) you then can put on the mask at any time, or take it out and gift, sell, or cast it into a river. If you wear it, you will become the Jack, you can never change your title, people will fear you when the see you, guards will attack you if you even draw your sword, and now your character talks like Jack, in battle saying that 'You can't defeat me' if you are K.O.ed by say, jumping off the top of Garths old tower, the mask flies off and you become you again. And if you gift it, they become Jack, if you sell it or send it up the river, you will have a bad fortune to you, then Jack attacks you one last time, and if you get K.O.ed, your dead, the game ends in a cut-scene of the Jack sitting on a throne made of skelotens, then it ends Teresa's voice monolgueing th game out, but if you win, you will never see Jack again.Warhead Prime 04:17, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry to say but all these "Jack come back" ideas are lame. Jack is over and done with. Hes dead. Nothing will bring him back. It would be like saying "For the next Fable we replay as the Hero of Oakvale but in modern times because he faked his death". Enough with the ideas of Jack returning. If he was going to return he would have done so by now.--Alpha Lycos 14:52, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
I know, but still, you would either be a liar (or a hater) to say you don't at least want a DLC where you go back to the Void and play (or fight) Jack. Warhead Prime 17:07, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Then call me a hater. Jack has been done and will never, should never, return. Hes dead. Its the canon of Fable that says so. If he ever returned I'd buy the game but I'd never enjoy it. Plus it would take a huge retcon to bring him back.--Alpha Lycos 17:57, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
- Glad to see people are still fighting these return theories, as I have said many times on this page, HOT lAVA, you chucked his mask into HOT LAVA!!! I think that he was an amazing antagonist, (and Fable TLC was the best of the Fables), but Jack isn't coming back, it wouldn't make sense without alot of bullshit to go along, and in any case it would still suck, but we do need better antagonists, the crawler was just someone who came out of nowhere and there is no personal hatred, which you did have for lucien, but the crawler had a boss fight, unlike lucien, whilst jack was a truly evil, hated foe, and you would dread the fight to come, but back to my point, he's dead, and that's how it's staying (Agow95 couldn't be bothered to sign in) 18.104.22.168 20:15, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
- I was just hoping to see comments like that, I know he's dead, and will probably only appear as a statue from here on out, but I think every Fable fan would at least want a HD remake of TLC, no matter how deeply they bury it (Lookin' at you Alpha Lycos). But yes Agow95, I also agree that we need better antagonists, cause personally I think the Banshee was a better antagonist than Lucien or the Crawler. (Well, maybe not the Crawler) Warhead Prime 21:39, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
- A remake is a different story. Yes a remake would be nice. But bringing Jack back in a future release is just plain wrong--Alpha Lycos 21:42, March 8, 2011 (UTC)
A Good Idea Edit
i think a remake of TLC would be AWSOME but mayby with new features and some from fable 2 (not 3 fable 3 made the whole fanchrise commit suicide it was an EPIC fail in my eyes)although if they remake TLC for 360 the only fable 3 feature thats actually worth adding is the spell combing but add custom weapons THAT YOU ACTUALLY CHOOSE TO CUSTOMIZE WITH WHAT YOU WANT LIONHEAD IF YOUR READING THIS GIVE US THE OPTION TO DO IT OURSELVES AND CHOOSE. but yes if a 360 remake of TLC with all the features listed above I would be really happy (also add jacks clothes (minus mask) as clothing you can buy) i would buy it the first SECOND it came out Ultimate ninja master 23:07, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Also bring back jacks old phycotic voice not the deep retarded overused demonic voice.(and ass an option to use two weapons at once like twin katanas and stuff01:49, September 7, 2011 (UTC)Ultimate ninja master (didnt feel like signing in this time) —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
If you ever got a chance to read "tales of Albion" you would have seen that scythe is william black. Tales of Albion says that william black always wore a blue and gold tunic, just like scythe. Maze from fable 1 said scythe is the way he is because he cheated death. Fable 2 hinted that people in the hero bloodline don't die, william black was part of that line. Also, fable 2 talks about scythe and how he just dissapered. The letter from rose shows that she obviously met scythe. Scythe knows her family because he is william black their ancestor. like freaking duh! Thanks to the short story "fable: jack of blades" we are lead to belive jack of blades is still alive and is now going by the name "xiro".
the final fable idea (my respones)
Well, nice idea but i see flaws, knowing lionhead, the story would be thousands of years after events othe the most recent game so Reaver wouldnt be alive and the dragonstomper probaby destroyd. Another is that if you were evil in fable 1, you didnt destroy the mask so thousands of years later (hears my plot) the mask was still locked away, and the main antagonist discovers it?—Preceding unsigned comment added by Infected dovakin (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Not sure why this is posted on the talk page for Jack of Blades, but the mask of Jack was destroyed so it couldn't have been locked away, the good ending of Fable was canon thus meaning Jack is officially dead. Also please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (~) when posting on talk pages.--Lycos Devanos Drop me a line 03:30, July 2, 2013 (UTC)