|This article is about the character in Fable III. For the character in Fable: The Balverine Order, see Samuel (Balverine Order).|
|First Appearance||Fable III - Leaders and Followers|
|Last Appearance||Fable III|
Samuel is a character in Fable III. He is the librarian in charge of the Brightwall Academy, and is one of the people the Hero must convince to join the revolution during the quest "Leaders and Followers".
Before the days of King Logan, Samuel worked as the librarian of the newly opened Brightwall Academy, which was opened by Hero of Bowerstone, the reigning Monarch. Sometime before their death, the Old Hero requested that Samuel help whoever carries the Guild Seal realise their destiny as a hero by giving them access to the Reliquary, a secret part of the Academy.
Samuel followed this duty faithfully for many years, until the Old Hero passed away and King Logan came to power. As one of his many acts during his reign, Logan closed down the Academy and shut it from the public. Samuel was left alone, caring for the books as he always had and despairing over the fact that he may not fulfil his duty.
However sometime in the future, the youngest child of the Old Hero, soon to be known as the Hero of Brightwall, had arrived in Brightwall. Thoroughly suprised, Samuel quickly led the Hero to the entrance to the Reliquary.
During the Hero's adventures, Samuel asked for the Hero's help in recovering 30 rare books for the Brightwall Academy.
Samuel later pleads to the King/Queen of Albion to re-open Brightwall Academy.
- "The library is closed by order of the King. We don't serve drinks. We don't sell chicken feed. Please leave, before the soldiers suspect you of gaining any real knowledge."
- — Samuel (with head down, reading a book) to the Hero of Brightwall, on their first meeting.
- "Blessed index cards! You made it! This is a cause for great rejoicing. Albion...has a Hero again!"
- "Esteemed citizens of Brightwall...today, we demonstrate the generous nature of our fair town! For too long have our Mountain neighbours suffered in silence. And now...we extend a helping hand. But this effort would not have been possible without the courage and determination of one man/woman. The son/daughter of the Old Hero King/Queen! From this day, we shall know you as...The Hero of Brightwall!"
- — Samuel to the citizens of Brightwall and the Hero of Brightwall, after the completion of the quest, Leaders and Followers.
- There is a glitch during the "Leaders and Followers" quest that can occur when returning to Samuel by the village gate. When you enter the glowing circle and get cheered by the villagers, Samuel may not be there. This prevents the player from continuing the game, as there is no way to leave the circle of people. The only known fix for this currently is to start a new game, but this may not always work. This "Return to Samuel" issue is known to Lionhead.