WARNING: This section or article may contain spoilers!
| Poxy Cur|
|Relationships||James Skelton, Thomas Kirkman (Owners)|
|First Appearance||Fable: The Balverine Order|
|Last Appearance||Fable: The Balverine Order|
Poxy Cur is a character in Fable: The Balverine Order. She is a dog that turns up while Thomas and James are on Captain Rackam's ship. While the boys are asleep, James awakes to find a dog standing over him, with a dead rat in her mouth. James is just starting to like her when Sawkins enters the room and, upon seeing it, quickly subdues it and drags it away. The boys follow and see that she is about to be thrown overboard. James intervenes and says she is his dog and offers to pay for her to come along. She is saved and instantly becomes James' dog. Afterwards, when she runs off with James' coinpurse and they discover Rackam and his crew are pirates, Rackam attacks them but Poxy intervenes and allows them to escape at the cost of her being shot. When the pirates chase the boys above deck and into the storm, the kraken attacks and kills them and destroys their boat. As the boys are escaping in a lifeboat, Poxy is found to be alive and swimming towards them. She makes it in the boat and joins in on their journeys as James' dog.
Later in the story, Poxy got killed by Ethan Kreel while trying to rescue James. Kreel and the other of the Balverine Order, where dragging their victims to the Balverine Temple. When suddenly Poxy comes at Kreel in an attempt to save James. Kreel, while in half Balverine form, easily kills the creature with a slap of his claws.
- She is almost killed by the superstitious Mrs. Mullins, who tries to beat her to death with a shovel.
- Although a mutt, she proves to be a good tracker.
- She reacts negatively to any threat that is posed to James and will instantly leap to protect him. Though, in some instances, she will defend Thomas.
- When she is threatened during the confrontation with the Sergeant in Sutcliff, it is then that James decides to join in on the situation.
- Her death is rather similar to that of the dog that belonged to the Hero of Bowerstone: both were killed easily by their master's main foe in a desperate, final attempt to save them.