| Hook Coast|
|Related Quests|| Gateway to Hook Coast|
Return to Hook Coast
The Ship of the Drowned
Hook Coast is a port town located on a small island off the mainland of Albion. It's community seems to be completely centered around fishing. It has a very tall lighthouse that contains a silver key chest and a silver key. Physically, it is pretty barren of most vegetation except for a few evergreen trees, considering it is always snowing. There are several shops including a weapons shop and a tavern.
It is revealed by the Oracle that during the time of the third Archon, a group of monks came to a barren coast and built a monastery on it to escape the cities and people in the rest of the world. Later other people arrived and built a town around the monastery. Years later when the monks predicted the destruction of the Old Kingdom, they used the last of their strength to cast a barrier around Hook Coast. The barrier succeeded, but at a cost. All the monks had died and the power from the explosion and barrier left the imprints of where the monks stood. Since then, Hook Coast has been the only intact remnant from the Old Kingdom.
Hook coast is known for crafting Pickhammers and cleavers and for Pirates that terrorize the city.
FableEditIn Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters, the only way to reach Hook Coast for the first time is through the Ancient Cullis Gate in Darkwood. Once the Hero arrives in Hook Coast, the Cullis Gate will be active and can be used by the Hero anytime. Hook Coast is also where the Hero of Oakvale finds out that Maze was working with Jack of Blades to help recover the Sword of Aeons. After passing through a magical barrier which the Guildmaster needed to take down with an incantation spoken through your guild seal, a cinematic plays where you find out that Jack captured Theresa and brought her to the Abbey in Hook Coast, where Maze began a complicated ritual on his behalf to summon the Septimal Key. The Hero soon appeared, searching for Jack. As Maze attempted to trick the Hero to believe Theresa was a danger, Jack struck him from behind and trapped him in a magical cage. Maze completed the ritual and was ordered to take them to the Chamber of Fate, but after Jack left, Theresa used her last ounce of Will to free the Hero before Maze warped her away.
The Hero then fought Maze through town and across to the lighthouse, where he finally killed him. On his dying breath, Maze revealed that it was his fear of death, which he considered his mission to avoid, that motivated him to aid Jack of Blades. Maze bitterly admitted that he failed in that mission. Jack later said that, as he had out-lived his usefulness, Maze would have died anyway.
- If you are in Hook Coast for a long period of time, or own any property there, an assassin will sometimes spawn upon your next arrival to Hook Coast via travelling or Cullis Gate. However this could be due to your battle with Twinblade, and his sent assassin to either avenge his death or regain his honour.
- All civilian inhabitants of Hook Coast have thin blonde hair and blue eyes, this could be a reference to inter-breeding, as remote and small communities tend to have more recessive genes, of which blonde hair and blue eyes are a common example.
- It has the largest and therefore most expensive Pub property to buy.
- Guards within Hook Coast are at level 5.
- While fighting Maze there is only one house that is open due to the screamers who frightened the villagers into their houses. In this house you will find a sharpening augmentation and if you go on the balcony not maze or the screamers will follow you, so you can pick of screamers with your bow or if you have Skorms bow you can one hit kill on Maze if you hold your bow long enough.