| The Hero of Southcliff|
|Relatives|| Unnamed Mother (Deceased)|
Unnamed Father (Deceased)
|Enemies||White Balverine/The Duke of Southcliff|
|First Appearance||A Hero's Tale|
|Last Appearance||Fable II|
The Hero of Southcliff is the main protagonist in A Hero's Tale, an online mini-game at Fable2.com, which takes place roughly 10 to 20 years before Fable II and outlines his quest to find the White Balverine which killed both of his parents when he was young.
The precise location of the Hero's place of birth and upbringing is unclear, we do however find out that he was raised in "a small village just a stone throw away from Bowerstone". We also learn that his father was a blacksmith and he belonged to a poor family. The Hero's story starts off with him travelling to Bowerstone to buy turnips for his mother's stew, on his way he encounters a child Arfur as well as a much younger guard Giles. The player is given a choice which affects the Hero's morality. Ultimately Arfur is caught by Giles and the Hero is taken home. Upon arrival, the Hero finds both of his parent's dead and narrowly survives the attacks of a White Balverine, whom knocks out Giles. The player is then given another choice, affecting the Hero's morality. This choice outlines the life of the Hero up to his arrival to the town of Southcliff, whether it be good or evil. Here he meets the Duke of the town and is given a choice between three women to help, which also affects his morality (the first an evil outcome, the second a neutral outcome and the third a good outcome). Finally, after marrying, the Hero's wife is taken away by the same White Balverine which murdered his parents and the Hero confronts him in the Duke's Castle. The Hero also learns that the White Balverine is in fact the Duke of Southcliff and the player is given a choice, affecting the Hero's morality: to slay the man who is infected (evil) or to spare him (good). After doing so, the Hero is crowned the King of Southcliff and the player decides whether the Hero becomes a benevolent ruler, a tyrannical ruler or to ignore the life of a king and instead continue his life as a nomadic hero. This final choice decides which items the Hero leaves in the Chamber of Fate for his descendant, the Hero of Bowerstone.
- Being so close to the events of Fable II, it is highly possible that the Hero of Southcliff is the Hero of Bowerstone and Rose 's father or grandfather. In which case the 'nomad' ending seems the most likely.
- There is an obvious error with the crown choice at the end. The Good crown and nomad crown are in the wrong places (this is evident with the good ending showing the middle crown in it, even though the nomad crown is picked).
- The Hero is mentioned in Fable: The Balverine Order.
- Unlike the protagonists of the main series, he does not have a sibling.
- Also unlike the protagonist of the main series, he wasn't trained to be a Hero by anyone anywhere.
- The Hero's clothes are similar to the boy version of the Hero of Bowerstone.
- The Hero's parents were both killed by Balverines.
|Fable||The Hero of Oakvale • Briar Rose • Scythe • Whisper • Thunder • Scarlet Robe • Weaver • Maze • Jack of Blades|
|Fable II||The Hero of Bowerstone • Garth • Hammer • Reaver|
|A Hero's Tale||The Hero of Southcliff|
|Fable III||Hero of Brightwall • Reaver|