This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Okay so I'm on my phone right now as this seems to be my only way of communicating with anyone on the wiki. Hooray for smartphones.
Anyway... no matter what browser I try the editor won't load when I try to edit. I can't even try to change my editor preferences as none of the drop down menus work. My internet is working fine, I've cleared my cache and cookies, restarted my browsers (tried Firefox and IE), made sure Java and Flash are up to date, even restarted my computer. Nothing is working. Any help would be much appreciate. -- geekie beekie(Talk) 03:20, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Which view style do you use for the Wiki? That kind of thing used to happen to me before I switched to the monobook style. If you can via your phone, try changing the style appearance to monobook, if your not already using it.--Alpha Lycos 03:34, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay I was able to change my preference to monobook on my phone and that seems to be working. Wow... the wiki looks weird like this. It'll probably take a while to get used to editing like this but oh well. At least I don't have to edit on my phone. Thanks Alpha Lycos! -- geekie beekie(Talk) 03:38, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- No problem! I had the same problem once before, so knew a solution. And I'm here to help ^^ Monobook is actually a lot easier to use then the other style, though I don't think the chat works for it.--Alpha Lycos 03:44, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- It's probably some issue with Wikia rather than your computer. I suggest trying again later, and if it still doesn't work properly, send an issue report to Special:Contact. Monobook seems to be good at avoiding most of the bugs that crop up. On the side of Monobook, when I don't have any more exams I will be trying to make that skin a bit more useful rather than just its default style. Let me know on my talk page if there's anything specific in Monobook you would like. --Enodoc(Talk) (User Space) 07:20, May 25, 2012 (UTC)
- I had thought it was my computer since it was working earlier that day on a different one. I disabled the visual editor and the new wiki layout seems to be working okay now. I'll try the visual again later to see if it happens again. I like Monobook it'll just take some adjusting is all. I'll probably use it at work mostly. Heh. -- geekie beekie(Talk) 14:10, May 25, 2012 (UTC)