|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
| Fishing Rod|
|Effects||Catching fish and other items found in bodies of water.|
|Source|| Fisherman at Fisher Creek|
Chest in Lychfield Graveyard
General Goods Stores
|Related Quests|| Fishing Competition (TLC)|
The Graveyard Path
The Sick Child (TLC)
|Base value||50 gold|
The Fishing Rod is an item in Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Fable Anniversary. It is used it to catch fish, silver keys, and basically anything that has been dropped in the water. Ripples in the water are a good indication that something is hidden below.
A stout fishing rod. Where there is water, there is fish.
While fishing rods can be purchased at General Goods Stores, there are two simple ways to obtain one for free:
- When the Hero first enters Fisher Creek, the fisherman is under attack by wasps. Simply slay the wasps and the fisherman will reward you with a fishing rod. In Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary, he'll also give your Hero free entrance into the Fishing Competition.
- Found in a chest near Nostro's Tomb in Lychfield Graveyard.
To use the fishing rod, stand in front of the fishing spot of your choice and press the appropriate D-Pad button to cast the line. Wait until the meter in the top right corner shows a fish on the line and repeatedly tap the A or Left Mouse Buttons until you catch the fish. Stop pressing the button when the fish starts pulling or you risk snapping the line and losing the fish.
Silver Keys Edit
- Main article: Silver Key Locations (Fable)
A fishing rod is essential for collecting several silver keys in Fable, Fable: The Lost Chapters, and Fable Anniversary. The following locations have a silver key in fishing spots:
- Guild Woods
- Fisher Creek
- Orchard Farm
- Ancient Cullis Gate
- Grey House
- Witchwood Stones
- Headsman's Hill
- Lychfield Graveyard
- Necropolis (TLC)
- In Fable: The Lost Chapters and Fable Anniversary, fishing in the Northern Wastes will yield bigger fish than in Albion. The best spot is in the Lost Bay near the silver key chest right next to the broken dinghy. If you keep fishing the fish will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
- Fishing in the basement of The Grey House will give you +8 Evil points for each fish caught, as it is considered stealing.