Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Fireball Spell Gauntlet|
|Damage||See Base Damage|
|Base Value||1 Guild Seal|
|Acquisition||Road to Rule Gate 1|
- "Why just stab or shoot your enemies when you can set them on fire?"
- — Jasper
The Fireball Spell Gauntlet is the first gauntlet obtained in Fable III. It is automatically unlocked in the Leaving the Castle quest when you pass through the first gate of the Road to Rule and are required to open the Fireball Spell chest. Unlike Fable/TLC and Fable II, in Fable III the Hero of Brightwall must use gauntlets to channel Will and perform spells. This gauntlet's spell is equivalent to the Enflame and Fireball spells of Fable, or the Inferno spell of Fable II. This gauntlet, along with the other magic gauntlets of Fable III, can be combined together for devastating results through the process of Spell Weaving. For example: weaving the Fireball Spell Gauntlet with the Shock Spell Gauntlet both stuns and burns the intended targets.
There are two different descriptions available for this gauntlet: one from the Road to Rule chest, labelled as Fireball Spell, and one available in the Armoury of the Sanctuary, labelled as Fireball Spell Gauntlet. Both are included below.
- Fireball burns your targets and blasts them back a step.
Fireball Spell Gauntlet
- Send forth a ball of trailing flames at your enemies, with a chance of setting them on fire. Combines well with the Blades gauntlet.
Base Damage Edit
Fireball Spell Damage
|Charge Level 0 Aimed||15||18||23||29||50||70|
|Charge Level 0 Area-of-Effect||10||12||14||17||28||38|
|Charge Level 1 Aimed||104||68||87||109||189||265|
|Charge Level 1 Area-of-Effect||54||36||46||56||97||135|
|Charge Level 2 Aimed||264||286||106||137||246||350|
|Charge Level 2 Area-of-Effect||140||101||61||76||131||183|
|Charge Level 3 Aimed||628||473||298||193||357||515|
|Charge Level 3 Area-of-Effect||304||210||152||100||180||260|
|Charge Level 4 Aimed||1198||806||733||445||540||770|
|Charge Level 4 Area-of-Effect||629||408||386||228||270||390|
NOTES: This is based on the star level of the weapon. Does NOT factor in Magical Aura multiplier. Italicised figures are rounded to the nearest whole number. To see the exact figure, hover over the cell.
Legendary Weapon Augments Edit
- When you are escaping the Catacombs and kill the last wave of bats with this spell, Sir Walter will say "Well, you've certainly gotten the hang of that spell."
- Mercenary Leaders can be seen "casting" something akin to this spell without gauntlets. Some mercenary leaders, however, hurl a bottle full of flammable liquid with a burning rag around the bottleneck at the target instead.
- When putting on the Men's Magic Trousers in the Sanctuary, Jasper may comment, "Well, those trousers will glow when you set your enemies on fire"
- Jasper will sometimes comment on how burning your foes will have a psychological effect on his allies unless they are cold-hearted brigands or mindless animals; which covers the vast majority of your enemies.
- When using the mortar from the Hollow Legion quest, the mortar bombs look like large fireballs.
- Using a lot of unwoven fire magic might cause your Hero Weapons to receive an aura of flames.