In Fable and The Lost Chapters, dig spots are identified by the appearance of the spade icon on the D-pad when walking around. In Fable II and Fable III, your dog will alert you to the presence of dig spots; if you lose your dog later in the game, finding these becomes harder and you will need to guess roughly where they are. Items contained within dig spots are random, but the dig spots themselves are always located in the same place.
Fable II Edit
Notable Dig SpotsEdit
- Bower Lake near the bridge to Gypsy Camp (Rubber Ball)
- Various locations to retrieve Belle's Research Notes during the Archaeologist quest.
- The Farm Cellar on Giles's Farm.(To find the Enforcer)
- Dig spots in Fable III work much the same as those in Fable II; however, the Hero is automatically equipped with a spade from the very start of the game.
- Levelling up your dog's treasure hunting skill will help you find more valuable items.