Berserk is a Physical spell available in Fable and Fable: The Lost Chapters that causes the caster to grow in size, strength, and speed. The caster is surrounded by a red aura. Attacks can penetrate blocking and knock the target down. Since the caster attacks from a greater height, beheadings occur more frequently. Also, the caster doesn't recoil when hit unless knocked down.
This spell sends the caster into a hulking frenzy, increasing speed and strength, while conversely decreasing reason and civilised manners. Higher levels allow the caster to become even more powerful, and to maintain this state for longer.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
- Can only be mastered by evil Heroes; being evil will reduce the cost of this spell.
- Sends out a shockwave that knocks down foes when this is activated.
- The Hero is temporarily vulnerable when this ends, but can roll to prevent this.
- The Hero is invincible while berserk is active, as your health can reach its lowest, but you cannot "die" when berserk.
- There is a glitch in which if you save the game while in Berserk, when you load your game, you will always be that size until you cast the spell again. This is even possible when playing on the Xbox 360. The glitch is unlikely to occur in the PC version.
- This should be combined with Multi hit, due to extreme amounts of damage in single hits.
- If the Hero of Oakvale is holding a heavy weapon while in Beserk mode, he can be seen holding it with one hand, but still requires both hands to swing the weapon.
- If the Hero of Oakvale is using fisticuffs while using Berserk, you have a chance of 1 hit killing human enemies (via decapitation).