|This page falls under the scope of the Anniversary Update Project.|
|Effects||Able to charm the person it is given to.|
|Source||See below for game specific info|
|Base value||250 - 1,600 gold|
Amethyst is a gift that appears in many of the games in the Fable series.
Fable: The Lost Chapters Edit
- Base Value: 1,600 gold
- Description: The rarest and most valuable gem in Albion.
Amethysts are only found in three spots of the Northern Wastes.
- Found in a barrel in a barn (in Snowspire Village).
- Found in a grave (also in Snowspire village, near the tavern within the small graveyard).
- Found in 'The Lost Bay' Silver Key chest.
Fable II Edit
The value of the amethyst has dropped significantly in Fable II due to discovery of large deposits.
- Base Value: 400 gold
- Poshness: 10.0%
- Friendliness: 20.0%
- Description: An inexpensive but lovely gem. It was said to be a favourite among Old Kingdom maidens, but the recent discovery of large deposits has lowered its value.
Fable III Edit
There is another variant of amethyst in Fable III, called Rare Amethyst. It is one of the seven rare trade items that exist and fetches a higher price at the pawnbroker, especially if it is not one of the four associated with your Gamertag.
- Base Value: 250 gold
- Description: This is a common gem. You can sell it for profit at a pawnbroker or use it as a gift
- The Hammerthyst, a legendary weapon in Fable II, has a head made of this gem.
- Both the former rarity and the large drop in value of the amethyst in Albion mirrors the history of the amethyst in our world. Before the discovery of extensive deposits in the 19th century, amethyst was considered one of the most valuable gemstones.